WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEBSITE
We are excited to share with you this much improved version of our website! Many new features have been or will soon be added as we finish building our site.
Some of our New Features Include:
- Built in Membership Management tools for email notifications, and joining and renewing memberships with your PayPal account, or a credit card.
- Provides a "Members Only" section for access to society publications and documents, speaker handouts, specialized help guides, and for example, access to tombstone transcriptions of over 35 Manatee County cemeteries.
- Well organized Events calendar.
- Surname Database of Members to help connect with follow members or other researchers on the web.
Facebook: We are very pleased to announce that the Manatee Genealogical Society is now on Facebook. You can follow us and receive up-to-the-minute information on our meetings and events. Our site is a public site and open to anyone to follow. Our Facebook Page enhances our presence on social media.
Saturday, March 16, 2019
FEATURING DR. THOMAS WRIGHT JONES, PhD
Tom Jones is an award-winning genealogical researcher, writer, editor, and educator. He has co-edited the National Genealogical Society Quarterly since 2002, and he is the author of the textbooks Mastering Genealogical Proof and Mastering Genealogical Documentation. He has been certified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists since 1994. A professor emeritus at Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C.. He speaks at national, regional, and local seminars in the United States and internationally, and he writes frequently on genealogical evidence, proof, and problem solving.
Date: Saturday March 16, 2019
Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm .
Place: Bradenton, FL (Venue Location to be Announced)
Cost of Seminar: $45 Members; $55 Non-Members; optional lunch, add $10
- The Jones Jinx: Tracing Common Surnames
- Converting a Bunch of Information into a Credible Conclusion
- Can a Complex Research Problem be Solved Solely Online?
- Using Indirect and Negative Evidence to Prove Unrecorded Events
See More Details link for registration, location, schedule, etc.) |
Peggy Jude will present “What To Do With Your Stuff - Planning For The Future Of Your Research And Artifacts” As family historians, your goal is to not only ...
Cathy Slusser will speak on "Every Family Has a Story." Cathy is a second-generation Floridian who moved to Terra Ceia Island, Manatee County, in 1979. Cathy was inspired at an ...
Drew Smith will discuss a topic of current interest. Drew regularly speaks at conferences and meetings of national, state, and local genealogy societies, especially on topics linking genealogy and technology. ...
Genealogy Workshop Hosted by NSDAR
Genealogy experts of the Manatee Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will host a Genealogy Workshop at the Central (Downtown) Library located at 1301 Baracarrota Blvd West. ...
A professional genealogist and former regional manager for Apple Computer, Donna Moughty has been a family research for over 20 years. She is an instructor, consultant and lecturer on a ...